Despite the promising photo of the knee detail of these jeans, it will not be finished. I haven’t thought about a few changes well enough and the pocket placement is totally wrong.
I made a quick muslin that was pretty good with the changes for making it a more high waist style. Because of my waist being comparitively narrow, I had to take out an extra bit at the front pattern piece and moved the position of the zipper as a consequence of that change. A very wrong decision, as it now is far too much to the center front, a strange spot for a pocket. Even in its original position it might have been too far to the center for me. I did move it only 1.5 cm (5/8 inch).
I have no fabric left so can’t cut a new center front piece.
Here you see the center front pattern on a pair of well fitting jeans. On the Claude Montana pattern there would have been a wide vertical strip of fabric on the side of this piece. But you can see clearly that the zipper is not at a good position. Something I should have seen but didn’t.
I’m sorry for those of you who were looking forward to seeing this pattern made up. It can be a warning though to check on this placement, especially when you are changing something in the original pattern.
For me it’s time to move on and forget about this disaster.
A view during a bike ride two weeks ago when I spent a few days in another part of our country.