The top I was working on is almost done, but I’ve been procrastinating. This dress for my daughter took priority. She made the ruffles and as she has limited time for sewing (being a primary school teacher there’s a lot on at the moment) she happily accepted my offer to make the rest of the dress. The skirt has a ruffle too and I expect to finish it this weekend.
The pattern is a mix of two. When I was shopping for fabric with her (months ago) we bought a pattern from a company that I have only made one pattern from before. As I was doubting the pattern when I had traced it, I made a quick muslin of the upper body. It was a horrible fit and badly drafted too. Ottobre to the rescue. I traced one of their patterns and made another quick muslin. This needed only minor changes for her and I added the ruffle from the original one.
For the neckline in the back I used a strip of this special interfacing, which has a strip of non stretch tape attached. Ideal for a neckline like this.
I’ll do another post on the bra of which you see a detail here. We all make mistakes :). The eyes of the closure are on the wrong side!
A week ago it was cold here and you could see a lot of skating people everywhere. Today it was so warm I worked in my garden without a coat! I love the snowdrops and helleborus